Sunday, January 16, 2011

Utah with Grandpa & Isaac

To say that Isaac is a homebody is an understatement. He loves more than anything to be at home. My weekend to go to Utah to visit my family ended up being a very busy weekend for Eric at work and church. I thought it would be best if Isaac came to Utah with me for the weekend. My dad picked us up at 3:00 am sharp on Friday morning (and I am happy to report that I was ON-TIME) We loaded up and headed out. After a few hours sleep, Isaac was up with the sun and doing well.

We stopped at the Virgin River in Mesquite for a "great breakfast."




Then we continued on... after many potty stops & false-alarm potty stops.
I had my camera but in the whirlwind of a weekend never took it out. All I have are these few shots with my phone.

Isaac stayed busy playing fruit Ninja and Angry Birds on my phone. I guess he got bored as I found this picture of snowy mountain, my hair and book, as well as Grandpa's hat in the rear view mirror.



When we were almost there, Isaac decided it was boring being in the car for an entire day and decided he'd like to turn around and go home.
The next day he was in a little better spirits (a little)
Isaac in front of Grandma Williams' condo.



Isaac hung out with Grandpa for a few hours while I did lunch and shopping with Paige. We ate at Moochies, a dive featured on Diners Drive-ins & Dives. Luckily my pregnancy appetite could handle the whole sub and my fries and fry sauce!! It was yummy!


After indulging in the sub and fries I had to make it over to Gold's with Paige for a run (which we later canceled out with Laffy Taffy & a movie) It's the little things in Utah that make me chuckle. Like this storage area at the gym for instance. It is just right there. You're stuff. Out in the open. I love it!!



Isaac was more than thrilled to be going HOME when we left Sunday morning. He stayed awake the WHOLE drive home until we hit about Sanderson and Florida (5 minutes from home) But I loved spending time with my family!

No comments: