Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Utah
We had a nice, however exhausting, trip to Utah! Eric couldn't get vacation during the Summer, so I decided to take it with the kids anyway. My mom hitched a ride and we split up the drive by staying in Mesquite since I was the only driver. The kids did suprisingly well on the ride (aside from totally trashing the suv). My Aunt Carla was nice enough to let us crash at her beautiful home in the mountains in Draper. It was really pretty! Halle got to stay in my cousin Paige's room and she thought that was great! She idolizes my cousin and want to be just like her! Paige was a good sport and even got into the Hanah Montana 3D concert, sporting paper glasses and all. I got to see my bestest cousins growing up- Dustin & Missy- all in one trip and that was amazing! We were also able to see both sets of grandparents and my aunt Shiela. I took the kids up to Smithfield to see our friends that moved from Ca and the kids we in heaven being with their frinds day in and out. I think they stayed up until 11 or 12 every night! We brought Halle's little friend katie home with us to visit for 2 weeks. While up at Mike and Melissa's I was able to stop in for a YUMMY breakfast at my Aunt Lisa's. We made it home alive, if only partially for myself, but the jury is still out on wether or not I will attempt this sort of undertaking again. It was worth it too see all the family though!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sounds like you had lots of fun Kristen. You are one brave mom making a trip like that.
That sounds like fun. You are pretty brave though - I'm not sure I'd want to make that trip and I've only got one!
Once again you prove how brave and independent you are by taking a vacation like that without Eric! I admire you for that, and many other things, too. Glad you had fun!
Sounds like a fun but hectic trip- just like all of our trips to Utah. What fun though! By the way, I like the background on your blog.
Post a Comment