Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Baby Teething Biscuits







I had been looking for a great baby teething biscuit recipe for my little teether! Wyatt has been feverishly working on his chompers and I hope these help!



Banana Teething Biscuits
Recipe from MamaNatural who, by the way, has an adorable site.

1 cup rolled oats
1 cup steel-cut oats, ground into flour
1 cup mashed, ripe banana
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp each nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger & vanilla extract
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted

My lil guy was assisting (see the DROOL!)


We mixed the dry ingredients, then added wet, and used our hands to shape into little football-y shapes.




Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes. MamaNatural recommends leaving them out to fully harden. I feel like mine may be a bit

too crumbly. I am thinking this is probably due to the fact that my bananas weren't quite as ripe as they could have been. I added a bit more oil to compensate, but I am thinking not enough. Wyatt is currently snoozing on my back in a BBII, so he can't sample just yet! :)

Check out her variations and let me know how they turn out!

No comments: