It's Earth Day!
After church, a nap, and a walk over to our favorite park, we decided that we would treat ourselves to some fun baking for earth day. Pinterest had a few ideas that were adorable, but required more food dye than I really care for. The dark blue and green pieced cupcakes, cakes and rice krispie treats were all gorgeous and bold. Our earth cookie snicker doodles are a bit more subtle and less messy.
I had tried the snicker doodle recipe from my classic Better Homes & Gardens cookbook several times and always came out with these huge, flattened cookies that all ran into each other. Until I found this recipe. And now they turn out every time!! We used a cookie scoop to form the balls and then the kids pressed the colored sugar onto the balls. They were fun and the kids enjoyed making, eating, and sharing these with our neighbors!

No comments:
Post a Comment