Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Big things to come....

I have dabbled in Paleo for years now. Sometimes strict, but mostly unable to give up my sugar. I have had lots of good excuses why it would be hard to go full force. Some valid, some not so much. Sometimes I think I jus haven't been sold enough on it. I'm not overweight. I am heathly, active, progressing in workouts and abilities, and I still have my ice cream or cranberry-walnut toast. But I always have that question in my mind of could I feel better, run faster, look better, jump higher, sleep better??

After finally downloading It Starts With Food, I have decided to accept their challenge. I am going to put myself as the experiment. No longer will I be accepting the testimonials of others, I am out to try it for myself. I have chosen to start my journey on April 1st, not coincidently one day after Easter, the day I will eat my last Cadbury Mini Egg for the year. I love that on the Whole30 you cannot, really CANNOT cheat. I think that's where I have fallen in the past. Too many slip-ups to really see a clear picture.

I am very excited. Nervous, curious, eager also. I have recruited Eric and a friend from the gym to come along with me on my journey. I am happy to have the company.

In addition, I want to keep a daily blog on my experience. I will post how I am feeling, what I am eating, and a few progressive pics as I am not allowed to weigh during the month. I will start the plan while still on limited activity for my knee sprain, so it will have been several weeks since I have had a good cardio workout. Best timing ever.


Anyone else want to come along??? 

No comments: