Biggest shock of the day, a $139 Sprouts trip. I even bought little meat. My weekly Sprouts trip averages closer to $100. I wanted some sausage and bacon but, of course, it was very difficult to find something compliant. They had removed many of their sausages for Easter turkey and hams, so I am hoping one of them may work when they bring the stock back.
We took our measurements and photos this morning so we would really be able to see the results. I have to admit that I was horrified at my photos. Out of control eating over the last month or so and a knee injury preventing real workouts had taken its toll. I am already about 3-5 pounds up from my usual weight and looking way more bloated than usual. Welcome Whole30!!!
Meal 1: 2 hard boiled eggs, a handful of raw almonds, and a very tiny apple (i wasn't feeling too hungry and wanted none of these things, but forced myself to stay on program)
Meal 2: Cooked my chicken breast in a tiny bit of EVOO on the stovetop. Seasoned with herbs and had with roasted asparagus and a few spinach leaves (that I swirled in the chicken juice as a "dressing") and three grapefruit wedges. I felt completely satisfied and full after lunch. I even sat at the table as suggested.
Meal 3: Marinated London Broil cooked in the brioler after a pan-sear. Sauteed onions, carrots, and broccoli and one mango wedge. marinade was good and recipe can be found here.
Would LOVE a snack right now, but I'm really not hungry. I just want something.
1 comment:
Glad you liked the recipe! :) Good luck with your whole 30!
Post a Comment