I am not going to lie, I am pretty happy to be putting day 3 to rest!
I took my dad to the City of Hope for a pre-op style appointment today. I took Halle along and we headed out to Duarte. I made sure to get up in enough time to cook up some of the yummy and approved sausage that I had picked up at Costco. Day 2 and already not really in the mood for eggs? Uh-oh.
Meal 1: Aidel's Checken & Apple Sausage. Yum-o. I had a little over one link and it was delicious. I ate 2 cuties as well right after while I was driving and a green drink made with celery, cucumber, and a bit of apple.
After his appt, he really, really wanted to head to an Italian restaurant for spumoni & lunch. He has been really sick and not eating well. I was not going to tell him NO. But really, what genre of food is more torturous for a Whole30-er than an Italian restaurant??
Meal 2: Side salad with olive oil and vinegar and minestrone soup that I picked the beans out of.
My daughter sat inches away from me with ravioli. It was homemade and smelled delicious. The table next to me had pizza. PIZZA. Sigh.
Before work I grabbed a handful of macadamia nuts.
Meal 3: A ginormous helping of sautéed zucchini and yellow squash, Italian Sausage, and marinara. The marinara was bottled, but totally compliant. I also made this ribbon squash salad and it was really good. My friend stopped by and had some, and then seconds, and loved it.
The past couple of days I feel like I have had a weird taste in my mouth. Weird and I am not sure what would cause that?
I really felt that sugar craving kicking in today. I wanted to scarf down candy really badly. But I didn't. 27 more days!
No comments:
Post a Comment