Sunday, June 9, 2013

Whole30... what I've been eating

I am pretty sure I forgot to post the last weeks photos. I am sitting here, day 28 and not even counting the hours until I can indulge. Because I am extending a few days, probably until Father's day at the earliest.

I will be at Girls Camp on my 31st day and I am not interested in reintroducing wheat, dairy or sugar while I am far from my own bathroom! ;) But seriously, can you imagine?

I had some really amazing food this week, and have been feeling amazing.

Broiled salmon (wild-caught at Costco for $10/lb!) over a berry salad, ghee sautéed veggies, and half of a sweet potato

Whole Foods Cajun Drumettes & green beans

Roasted Turkey over a simple bed of green leaf lettuce drizzled with Tessemae's Lemon Chesepeake

I just kind of started liking fried eggs, but I have to cook them so the yoke isn't too runny. Having not liked eggs much at all until this year, I think I have made astounding progress. These eggs are served over a hash of bacon, sweet potatoes and Brussels. 

Same hash with an egg scramble for the man of the house. 


Banana + 2 eggs = pancakes
I know they are not Whole30 approved, but I ate them anyway. Topping is just one cup of fresh berries cooked over medium heat for a few minutes. I mashed them a bit with the spatula and then poured 'em on. 

A delicious chicken served with a homemade salsa verde served along side a butter lettuce salad with grapefruit, berries and walnuts. 

Summer Salad with Blackened Chicken at the YardHouse where Eric and I ate dinner while out on our date. I had them leave out the cheese and sub the dressing for EVOO & balsamic vinegar. Yum! 





No comments: