I was recently called to be the Activity Days Leader in our ward. This is what happens when you notice they've been a little short-handed and offer to "help out" for a while.
I couldn't be more excited though. I will get to hang out with Halle and all the other sweet girls.
For our first activity, I wanted to do a fun, get-to-know-you kind thing. Back when I was called to the YW presidency, we had played a paper bag game where you put things in the bag that represent you. The girls get to try and guess who the bags belong to as a girl empties the contents of a random bag. It's fun and informative!
I decided to use paper bags for invitations and couldn't help but use the phrase "It's My Bag." If you are/were an Austin Powers fan, you will also be saying it in your best British accent and adding a "baby" at the end.
I ended up incorporating Starburst into the night for an additional game we played where the girls picked a candy out of the jar and answered questions, while chewing, that corresponded to the colors. This was also very fun for them. We did it in small circles of girls on the floor. That's how I chose the colors.
Each bag is folded in half. Then flip the flap that is the bottom to the inside of the bag and crease. Now you have that extra little flap. Then simply staple the edge and embellish as much or as little as you like. This also left a great little space in the front for sending the empty bag for them to fill {see photos below}
I have no idea how to post the files, as I am NEW to doing this sort of thing, but would be happy to email them to you if you leave a comment below.
the extra bag is sticking out ever so slightly
the full inside of the invite
close-up of activity details
back of invite
another view of how the extra bag is stuck in
Thanks for stopping by! I will be updating out Activity Day fun and happenings regularly.
64 comments:
What font did you use for this?
This is so cute! I just stumbled upon this idea as I am new to activity days and wanted to do the same activity: something to get help me get to know the girls better! I would love a copy of the file if you still have it. Marsh.lauren@gmail.com.
Thank you so much!
Also, I would love more details about the starburst game you played. What questions did you ask?
Thanks!
Lauren
Hi!! Just what I was looking for!! I am getting this SWEET calling on Sunday and I wanted to do a fun get to know you night also! Would you mind sending me your files? tarachiapelli@gmail.com
Thanks!
Love your idea. Would you mind sending me the files? ericandbreezy@aol.com. Thanks!
Absolutely love this! Could you send me the files? mhbates05@gmail.com
I would love a copy of your files/label as well if you have a moment. Thank you so very much for sharing your talent! leeshanny3@gmail.com
I love this. I just got called and would love to do this as our first activity. Could you please share your files? Thank you so much for posting and sharing!
helen_eleven@hotmail.com
WOULD LOVE THE FILE FOR THIS tana.mellott@gmail.com
I would love your files for this cute invitation! lewis.becky.s@gmail.com
Thanks for posting and sharing your time and talents.
carrielynnromo@icloud.com
could i have the instructions for this great bag and game.
Hi I think this would be cute to do with my beehives since so many of them are new, thanks for the idea!! :) can you send me the file please, its cgcourey@live.com
I would love a copy of this. jvt483@gmail.com
Could you send me a copy of this please?! Love it!
jessicadparry@gmail.com
Thanks!
Could I get the files? This is such a cute idea!
packardfam1@gmail.com
Thanks so much!!!
This is so cute! Can you send me the file? eringorshe@yahoo.com
This is really great! Could you please send me the file? alysonlshore@comcast.net Thank you!
Wonderful idea, thanks for sharing. I'm a new Activity Day leader, and I love this idea. Could I please get this file sent to me.
kbfarr@yahoo.com
This is such a wonderful idea!! Could you please send me the file also?
Thank You!!
hubler1@msn.com
This is a great idea! I was just called as an Activity Days leader and would love the files for our first meeting! Thanks.
suzannemason24@gmail.com
Suzanne
Could I please get this file sent to me? Thank you so much!! sstreehouse@gmail.com
Could you please send me this file? Trisha.pinckney@gmail.com Thanks!
Could you please email me the file? Ldsroxy@gmail.com thanks
Your stuff is adorable! Are you tired of sending your file yet? :) If not, please send it to me at cherylkay04@yahoo.com. Thank you so much.
Our Ward was just divided and we are now three wards combined. This is just what we need to get to know everyone. This is amazing and fun. Would you mind sending a copy of your file, dpcsjenkins@yahoo.com
Thank you for sharing your time and talent.
If you could please email this also to me it would be much appreciated thanks lpaz22@hotmail.com
Hi there, could you send me this file also? kirby_kristina@yahoo.com
Hi this is perfect!! Could you please send me the files... thank you soooo much!!
jbfenton@gmail.com
I was just called to activity days leader and found your AWESOME invites!! Will you please email to me @ theprillwitzfamily@gmail.com! Thank you!!
Hi, I'm new to activities day and love this idea, would you mind sending me the files please? To hannahr118@hotmail.com
Thanks a million.
Could you please send me a copy of your files? Thank You! sbdtech@gmail.com
Hey,
I was hoping to get a copy of your. Please
thanks
Sharisse iron_aron@hotmail.com
Hi!
What a cute idea! I was recently called to be the Activity Day leader in our ward we are also new to the area so getting to know the girls is just what I'm looking for and this is perfect. If your not tired of sending the file I would love to use.
Thank you
boytrappedby4@gmail.com
I also would love a copy of this. Just got called to Activity days and this would be perfect. Thank you so much
bbheyrend@hotmail.com
Hi! I'm so grateful that you are sharing this wonderful idea! I would love to have a copy of the files and also how to play the games! Soo appreciated! raye.yarn@gmail.com. Thank you very much!!😊
Hello,
Just like everyone else, just got called to activity days....love this idea of getting to know the girls and would love a copy of the file if you are willing to share. Thank you so much... dialcindy@comcast.net
Hi, this looks like so much fun! Could I also get a copy of your file? Thanks! quejan2@gmail.com
Cute idea, can you email me the file? hollydamron2@gmail.com
Thanks so much!
Can you please me a copy or tell me what font you used?? Thanks! taraleegurr@yahoo.com
I also just got called to activity days and love this idea! I would love a copy of the file if you are willing to share. Thank you! My email is rion_pearson@msn.com
This is such a fun idea! I would love a copy of the file. Thank you! My email address is: brthaney@yahoo.com
I love this idea can I get your files as well please. tjbaker08@hotmail.com
I would also love a copy of your file
Thanks so much for sharing. My email is heidijo14@hotmail.com.
Could you please send me the electronic file? I love this idea! My new partner and I are using it for our first activity next week! Thank you in advance. :) stormy.staley@gmail.com
Hi! I am new to activity days. I would love to do this activity with my girls. I would love a copy of the document. Thank you! darrowfaminaz@gmail.com
This is really cute. I would love the files please. Ambreedawn@hotmail.com
Super Cute! Would love to use for activity days. Could you please send me the file. Thanks! wallspeak@yahoo.com
I would love the files too! ledlefsen@hotmail.com
Could you email me
Daisiesndenim@yahoo.com
The files
Oh so cute! Would you please send them to aubmat@msn.com? Thanks!
New year, new girls, new leaders! I'd love your files! Thank you!!!
aprilwarnick@gmail.com
Oops. Chelsieemt1@gmail.com
This is just what I’ve been looking for! Could I get the files please and instructions for the starburst game? nataliewillmore@gmail.com
Such a cute idea!! Can I please have a copy of your files? Thank you!!! ilsecalland@yahoo.com
This is so cute! We are a new presidency so this would be a great start.
jlan_5@gmail.com
Can I have a copy of your files and what size of bag I need to use I would love more details about the starburst game you played.
Thanks for Sharing your talents!!
Ryc3001@gmail.com
I would love a copy of your files! I’m newly called and this would be perfect way to get to know them! Thank you!
shaynalexrobertson@gmail.com
Not sure if my comment went though. Love the idea and would love copies of your files. Thanks you so much!!
Kelseyann83@gmail.com
I am getting called on Sunday and would love to do this for my first activity. Can you send me the game and files too if you still do this. Thanks! Amberacottrell@gmail.com
Amber
Can I also get copies of your files and the game info?
Thanks!
Chellebfran@hotmail.com
Can you please send me file as well. shandie531@hotmail.com
Thanks!
Can you still email this?
Hello! I'd love to do this for my activity days girls this week! Any chance you could still email me the files? :) Thanks so much! amandacwilson424@gmail.com
Post a Comment