Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Happy [Belated] Birthday

Well, Eric turned 31 on the 17th! I thought I was being pretty sneaky by surprising him after work Friday night and going to dinner. Our friend Mike had scheduled a ride-a-long for Friday so his wife and I were planning to drive out to Riverside and all to the Elephant Bar for dinner. Mike was supposed to have Eric stop at the mall to get something really quick and we would be there for dinner. While we were driving there, Mike called to say that Eric was adamant that they not stop at Gymboree to get Melissa the "shirt" she wanted. He was trying to talk in code and ask what exactly it was that she wanted. I had forgotten my phone by mistake, so I couldn't even call Eric and tell him to stop. My excessive shopping habits/knowledge finally got me into trouble. Mike called back a few minutes later and said Eric had called Gymboree to put Melissa's shirt on hold and he would pick it up Saturday after work! Sooo stubborn! We finally devised a plan to explain why I would be calling from Melissa's phone (darn caller id) and told him that it was no big deal if he was later getting home, that I didn't mind if he was late. Well, long story short, he WOULDN'T budge! After pleading and begging, I couldn't keep it under control any longer and started laughing. Then he FINALLY guessed that I was in fact at the mall!! That's my very stubborn husband! We had a good laugh anyway, and some very interesting conversations with Mike (haha). Happy Birthday, Babe... enjoy your new ipod and leave mine alone now!!! Love you!!

3 comments:

Dan and Melissa said...

Too funny! Hope he had a great birthday! We sure enjoyed hanging out with you guys for Melissa's birthday.

Erin said...

Aaawww that sucks that he spoiled the surprise. Nice try though. Happy Birthday Eric!

JoAnna Anderson said...

Happy Birthday Eric! John just had his bday too (on the 16th). Your surprise would have been great, but I think it was even cuter that he was taken care of you in the meantime!