Friday, October 10, 2008

Kidsfaire

My mom and I took the kids to the kids fair in OC last week. It was such a nice day, we actually needed jackets! The funniest thing that happened that day was that Halle's forehead got pecked by a bird! There was a wildlife photo booth with some exotic birds. They let the kids walk right up to the animals that were just behind a child's waist-high fence. There was a tall bird that looked like an emu, but with really pretty feathers, and it was really close to Halle. My mom and I were standing a ways back with the stroller when I noticed the bird was fixed in on her face. I tried to call to her to move back, but it pecked her right in the forehead! Of course, she was traumitized! It was kinda funny, at least it didn't get her eye. Anyway, besides the pecking drama, it was a fun day!


By the wiener mobile! (they even got wiener whistles)



Gavin and Darth Vader and a very aged Princess Leia

They had ice-skating on synthetic ice. It was really interesting. They wore regular ice skates and fell frequently just like real ice skating.

After the Libby Lu booth.

Decorating a balloon

2 comments:

The six of us! said...

Looks like a blast! Poor Halle, I'd be traumatized too!!!

Jackie said...

Glad you guys had fun! It would be hard not to laugh if that happened to my kid but I do feel bad for Halle. No one wants to be pecked in the forehead by a strange bird! :)