Sunday, October 26, 2008

You're Invited...

to my pity party!! I am so frustrated that my knee (itbs) isn't healing as quickly as I would like it to. I was doing so well and now have taken nearly a month off from my training. I am so disappointed in the reality that I will more than likely not be running the marathon now. I was already cutting it close with the time frame and now that I have lost so much time... I just think it's not gonna happen. I will most definitely be ready for the half, that's not anything too crazy for me, but I won't do the marathon unless I can run the whole thing. Anyway, I just had to vent! I have been so pumped up about it, I feel terribly deflated now. I guess I'll keep my fingers crossed....

3 comments:

Dan and Melissa said...

Oh...I'm so sorry to hear that. I could tell from your blog you were really excited about it. Hopefully you can continue to heal. Good luck!

Dan and Melissa said...

I had one more thought...even though you are very frustrated, don't give up! :-) Be strong and hang in there!

Jackie said...

Wow, I didn't know you were having such problems with your knee. I know from experience how hard it is to run with bad knees. I'm sorry to hear you won't be running the marathon :( I hope you can get back to training soon.