Friday, February 13, 2009

Time...

clocks Pictures, Images and Photos



I have been thinking a lot about time management lately... mostly because I seem to be running out of it alot. I had heard of Daily Dockets from Simple Mom and wanted to give them a try. I decided to wait and blog about it AFTER the week's trial so I didn't rave about this great tool that I could only manage to keep up with for 2 days. I know a week isn't too much longer, but here's what I realized.

  1. There isn't enough time.
  2. I really wish there was more time to do all the many thing I want to do.
  3. If I get all the things done that I need to, there's not as much time for wasting time.
  4. I've developed a bad habit of enjoying wasting time.
  5. If I only waste a LITTLE BIT of time, I can still get most things done.

So, really, I didn't learn anything beyond what I already knew. That whole "everything in moderation" thing proved victorious again!

Time planning felt oddly similar to planning the monthly budget. In the begining, it seemed like there was plenty of time to go 'round, but after I factored in all the "to-do's", it sure went fast! Sound familiar??

Overall, it was a Success! Eric even asked to see the Daily Docket by the end of the week :) And i really did get a lot done. Although, I have to admit, I am thinking of having the "weekly planner" be a 2 week goal for me. I got a good portion done, but windows, EVERY WEEK?? c'mon!

2 comments:

The six of us! said...

I'm totally with you on the time thing. And I know all to well about the moderation in all things factor...I just don't seem to find a balance. BTW have you ever read Sink Reflections by the fly lady? Good book if your trying to get organized.

.:Heather:. said...

Windows every week??? Holy moly! :)

I am a time waster. And a procrastinator. And a perfectionist. I actually read something interesting about perfectionists. They often don't start things because they know they don't have the time to do it perfectly. I think this is me. I cannot get the impulse to clean because I know my house won't get fully clean in the short time I have & I know it'll get messed up in an hour anyway! :)